Friday 26 August 2011

Boottee's galore.....

Well, its been a while since I posted here, while I have crocheted quite a few cotton headbands, other than that I have not had time for much creating in my travels so the past couple of days being stuck at home with the flu I have been knitting away at some easy knits......



After my friend telling me how her babies pair of these boottee's I made were her favourite as they don't slip off the babies feet and they are small enough to actually fit a newborn. I thought I had better make some more.....they are all made in acrylic blends and are from the basic Bernat pattern .  I can recommend them as a quick and easy knit.  I made all of these in the past two evenings.....


I think I mentioned in a previous post that I changed the front section in some pairs, this time I left the front but in the green pair I decided to add a pattern and a frill finish, just to say how it looked. I am thinking whether or not to add ribbon but really it does not need it to keep the boottees on....


The hats were really easy too and are a free pattern through Bernat too. I don't have the link right now but its at www.bernat.com/glossary and is called Bernat Softee Baby if you want to try it. I made the first one a little different using smaller needles and two less rows of stocking stitch between holes. The green one was made with bigger needles and I added a little point at the end. The basic pattern is very easy and straight forward to follow.....



So would you like to meet my new little babies? Sure you would......gotta love it when their mamas send me pictures on my phone. It really makes my day. 

This is Logan my nephew, sporting some Aunty K' knits..... he looks so tiny here but he is a chubby bubba now at six weeks old....I will have to knit him some bigger clothes.....


And here is my little friend Natalie Grace who arrived at home weighing a tiny little 2 kilo's. She is sporting some Aunty K knits and crochet too......see she is wearing a pair of those boottees... the first pair that I made I do believe  :-) Being the first girl to come along in ages, she scored quite a few knits from Aunty K.....these are just some of them......




Ahh they are so adorable these babies don't you think? I do! :-) 

I am still waiting on the arrival of two more babies, one friend is expecting a little boy and my sister in law overseas is having a little girl. So back to my knitting! 

Hugs and smoochies all xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment