Are you one of those people who tends to "bite off more than you can chew"? I certainly am and in my usual fashion this week, signed up for a few things I probably don't really have the time for. Why?
Well I have quite a few projects on the go that are not finished. I promised myself wholeheartedly that I WOULD FINISH THEM ALL before starting anything new. But you know how it is don't you. When one has a yarn addiction there is nothing quite like hooking or casting on yet another project.
So here is my list just for the immediate future.....
* Trinity Lace Shrug (which is annoying me a bit right now so is sitting aside)
* Eucalyptus dreams Cardi (which I have not picked up for weeks because I keep casting on other smaller knits. Woops. I am onto the second sleeve though. Which is better than nothing).
* Awesome Hoodie (which was frogged so long ago, I almost forgot about it. While I was loving the wave pattern, the sleeves kept on coming out wrong and I got fed up. I really want to finish it though as its really cute! )
There are several other little projects that I am not going to bother showing as they have been waiting for so long I will just go with the thought "I probably won't have time anyway".
MUST DO'S (you know promised stuff to others)
* Several knitted baby hats (on order)
* Baby Cardigan in Moss Stitch (see right)
* Long Jumper for second daughter ( Pattern yet to be decided but must be done for July)
* Baby cardigan or jumper for my cousins baby
* Baby blanket for nephew (think this will be my next one a day project)
*Jumper and beanie for daughters puppy
*Jumper for my dog Miko
* Green beanie to match my scarf.
* 5 pay it forward gifts
I joined the pay it forward on facebook thinking it would be easy to come up with five little gifts in a hurry. Then someone asked if they could make a request and so silly me said SURE. So guess what, here are the requests.
* One cowl (she picked a really easy one but I think I will make something a little nicer)
* One dog jumper and beanie (yes daughters orders and then she wants a knitted Lace Collar for herself too. I think the one gift part did not reach her ears. LOL) Neither of these two offered patterns with their orders just Etsy pictures LOL
* One beanie for my niece (I am thinking of making a hello kitty one)
* The other two have kindly left it up to me. I have not decided as yet what to make for one of them, but think it will be something warm for winter.
As for the last one, her comment was "I will leave it up to you as I know how busy you are" And because she was such a sweetheart I decided to make her the African Flower Bag as I am taking part in this CAL on ravelry to make it and thought this would take care of two things at once. Here are the colours I am using...... I had to restrain myself from buying more supplies as I really need to use up all my stash. I am not really fond of the pink one but not sure if I have enough of the other colours to go on with so we will see.
This is the pattern I will be using for the baby blanket for "One a Day". I have loads of soft acrylic yarn that was given to me that I thought I would never use. I have a bit of an acrylic phobia, ick but hate to be wasteful.......I had to copy this from a blanket I bought at a fete really quickly as my daughter took the blanket home last week for her puppy. The main part will be pale blue and the inner parts in all different pastels etc.
Now of course this is the bare basic list. I have my eye on so many other projects its not funny and I probably would have ordered the yarn for them all, but we have a homeschool camp coming up and I need to pay for it so am behaving myself for now. My book list is also growing longer each day. I really love several Interweave books right now that I really must have. LOL
Now at the risk of overwhelming myself with far too many things to do. I am off to start the day! What are you planning to make this year?
Hugs and smoochies all xoxoxox