Monday 11 November 2013

Not enough yarn?

No worries... I seem to be in the habit of running out of yarn today. Not literally I guess, as there are like two cupboards full sitting right next to me. However, on the current project scale of things I could have been in a bit of trouble. My positive thinking though seems to have done the trick and I now have TWO FO's to show.

First up I was wanting to make a little scarf as a gift and for some reason my left over Noro sock yarn from the Amiga cowl kept sticking out at me (It was like "Pick Me Pick Me") . Of course I was not sure it would be enough but the nagging gut feeling to use it over rode the sensible side of me.  

And lo and behold... I ran out of yarn but the results are still not too bad. Needs to hit the block but other than that I am quite pleased with it. 


The pattern is from the book Crochet So Fine. 

Next up I had about 3 1/2 balls of Moda Vera pure wool in 8ply and thought that would be enough for a baby cardigan. I have made this cardigan before so thought the bigger size might be ok. It was not. So I shortened the cardigan and the sleeves too. A little basic but the buttons spruced it up a bit. A quick and easy project anyway.




So like the buttons.. I am still smiling despite my lack of enough yarn. Life is good. 


2 comments:

  1. The scarf colors are pretty, like what a forest fairy would wear. The cardigan is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They remind me of a paint palette. I have to admit after running out I have been looking on line for some more. ;-)

      Delete