Monday 11 April 2011

Hello


 Welcome to my new craft cupboard. I thought since I was forever creating little things, I might as well have a special place to put them instead of among all the homeschooling, family posts and gardening etc. And this way I can add all my lovely crafty links in the side bar and you will be able to see them too.

For those who are new to my life, I am a mama to 5 gorgeous children, 3 grown girls aged 22, 20 and 18 and 2 boys aged 13 and 12. We homeschool, try to walk softly on the earth and enjoy being creative as a natural part of life.

I have been knitting since I was a child and have only in the past year learned to crochet "beyond the square". Yes I could crochet but I could not follow a pattern or make clothes etc. Lately I have turned into a bit of a crochet machine.  I LOVE IT!!!!

I also love to cross stitch but don't have as much time to concentrate on it these days. I hope to pick it up more when my children are grown. I still make time occasionally but do not tend to finish many projects, mainly because the 5 I have on the go are rather big.

I enjoy sewing a little, but am no expert. I made clothes for my girls when they were little and pulled the machine out occasionally over the years. But I am more of a simple sewer and don't have a great deal of interest in it. My oldest is a fashion designer so I give my sewing to her these days. :-)

My average day is divided between gardening, studying (currently, herbs and edible weeds), homeschooling, family, friends, cooking, cleaning, crafting and looking after pets. I guess I am always busy but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment