Thursday 18 July 2013

Busy times.....and a Purple Wrap....

Hello my lovely friends, how are we all? Things have been a bit hectic down here. But life goes on!

After all the visitors returned home, just over a week ago, two of my offspring got sick, then I came down with what I am not sure, sore teeth, sore bones and the worst bit my right hand stopped working properly. Using it for anything was painful and I am putting it down to the fact there was something tiny stuck in one of my fingers. After finally getting it out, it has gradually been getting better but if I use it too much it starts to ache again. Extremely frustrating to a knitter/crocheter as I am sure you can imagine!!

Juggling a not co-operating body and then a dog who has just been desexed and had a large lump removed from her rear end at the same time has been driving me slightly nuts. The cat keeps tormenting the dog, the other dog is miserable because her friend is inside and she is not (they have to be kept separate because of all the stitches. The child that was not sick before is now sick and won't go to school and the other one keeps trying to get out of his homeschooling and go to the skatepark every day, so yeah its still a bit crazy trying to hold it all together. LOL 

That said, at rare intervals I was still able to sew a little bit. After cross stitching without it hurting too much, and after a couple of days of rest (in the hook/needle area) I finally got around to sewing this little baby together and then when my hand was a bit better I crocheted all the edging....


I was quite happy with the finished result and  I decided to gift it to one of my online friends who is expecting a baby. I thought it would be perfect for breast feeding on those cool nights. And as I just so happen to be going to meet her in person for the first time soon I have a good excuse for giving a present. So excited. Baby of course will get some goodies too but I think its nice for mama to have something just for herself. I hope she likes it. 


This pattern is from a Patons Zhivago pattern book and the yarn is Duet in Mystic from Bendigo Woollen Mills. Very nice yarn to work with, lovely and soft. 

I have also finished another little baby item but will show you that tomorrow. What have you been creating to lately? I hope you are healthy and happy where ever you may be.

Love and Light to you my friends. 

Hugs xoxox


5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful top, your friend will be thrilled. Sometimes life just goes crazy, it's been like that recently for us here, but in the end the pace will slow again....I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I'm sorry it has poured in your household, especially about the hand. Pain is never fun and to prevent you from crafting? Boo on that! Get well soon and hope the craziness dies down fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've had quite a lot happening! I totally relate!:) I love the blue wrap top. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you all are feeling better now! The blue wrap top is beautiful. What a lovely gift, your friend will be very happy :)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. One more week of hecticness and I get to take a break. LOL Interesting that you are all seeing the wrap as blue. Its actually purple and quite bright. Looks that way on my screen too.

    ReplyDelete