Monday 14 May 2012

So do you remember the bush baby cardigan I showed you a while back? I was planning on felting some wool and making a little applique to go on the front and there it sat for ages and ages, just waiting for me to get off my back side and actually do it? 



The baby's mama decided that with all my gum nut hat making, that she would like a gumnut picture on the front, and I have to admit to not really knowing how I was going to do it. 

Well, the little angel decided to arrive yesterday, so this morning I was like well, I better get on with it then. And so I did, in a right old hurry because I wanted to go and see him and give it to him, along with his other knitted gifts of course. :-)  There was no more time to procrastinate or worry about how it was going to turn out. I just grabbed a hook and decided to use my new found free form experience and just wing it.


Turned out pretty cute, even if I do say so myself. Do you like it? 



Well, its not too bad for a rush job and with a couple of pictures quickly snapped I got down to the serious business of meeting my newest little friend. 

Today I felt truly blessed to sit and hug this little man for the first time. 


I hugged him for a very long time. 

He is extremely huggable! Yes he is! 


Welcome Earth side little Tao! Aunty K is indeed smitten by your loveliness!

Yes people I am totally in LOVE! (Again) 

Hugs and smoochies xoxoxox


5 comments:

  1. Love it! You do such beautiful work..

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cardie and little embellishment!
    What a beautiful little baby, he looks adorable and so so huggable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your freeform came out fantastically! It is so cute and what a great idea to felt an applique.
    Holding a baby is such a gift yeah? I got to hold one Monday. He was precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the little addition to the cardigan, your work is always amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful little baby. And he is very lucky to have such a loving aunt :)

    Love the cardigan, it looks amazing!! You always do such beautiful work.

    Also just want you to know that I have knit tagged you. That means you can answer 5 knit related questions (or just leave it if you don't want to). Stop by my blog if you want to have a look.

    Have a wonderful week, Karisma :)

    ReplyDelete