Thursday 18 October 2012

A little Ta-dah - finally...

After much laying around, I finally sewed this little cardigan together and gave up on the changing of the front edge. I was not 100% happy with the way it looked and am thinking that next time I am faced with such an edging I may need to up a needle size. OR not do such an edging to start with. I think I prefer a wider edging anyway :-) 


This pattern called for Ribbon through the middle to tie in a bow. I did not like that idea either and decided to make a little crochet chain instead. Working one row of sc along the chain and sewing in the ends.  I quite like the way it curls up. 



I then added two little flowers to the edges to fancy it up a bit. Ahhh looks much better now. Now I don't even notice the edging at all. 




The pattern is from The Debbie Bliss Baby Book and the decorations are my own. 

The yarn is 5ply Patons Heirloom. This was a quick and easy knit with the main part of the pattern being very simple. As I said, other than that I would change the front edging to add a little border and probably some buttons. 

Hope you are having a wonderful week. Hugs and smoochies xoxox





4 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful cardi! I love you idea of the crochet chain and flower, it looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how these colors can be for Fall or Winter. The touch of the flowers is a perfect addition to the chain belt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very sweet baby jacket, Karisma! The crochet chain and flower is beautiful, what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I really love the colours of this one. :-)

    ReplyDelete