It was purely one of those over sights. I thought I had 6 balls of the pink and I only had 2. So rather than start over I just used what I had.
I had originally started with a pattern but after the 3rd row the pattern did not make sense so in my usual fashion I just changed it and made it up as I went along.
All in all, it did not turn out too bad I guess.
I would like to make this in either cotton or pure wool as the main part this time was in acrylic and I can't say that I am entirely satisfied with the result. It looks better in real life than in pictures but still you all know me by now. A bit fussy about my yarn and self critical about my work. LOL
I am pretty sure my niece will love it. :-)