Monday 8 April 2013

Charity Morning Tea

Or all day crocheting, chatting and eating loads of goodies day! Yep, that sounds more like it.

Some of the crew getting creative
 Last week a group of friends came around and we attempted to make some goodies to donate to the local hospital charity shop. 



The ladies Auxiliary at the local hospital have a shop where they sell all kinds of lovely handmade creations to the public in an effort to raise funds to buy much needed equipment for the hospital. I thought it would be nice to lend a helping hand. 




I have to say I was rather impressed with everyones efforts. Several of my helpers were beginners and they managed to produce at least two items each. 






It was a fun day and there was talk of making this a regular event. Pictured above are some of the hats including a couple I had already made.  

Here we have a joint effort - she made the hat - and he made the pom pom...he became quite proficient at pom pom making... a marvellous helper...


Having a try at crochet.....



A couple of headbands....... the pink one was made by an absolute beginner! What a great job she did. :-) 


And these little lovelies were sent to me by a member of the Krista crochet group. They are simply adorable and I do think they will be a hit in the shop. My youngest daughter wanted to buy them all herself. 



I am hoping to deliver these at the end of this week. There are a few more hats on the way from friends.  All in all, it was a really fun day. I am sure we are all looking forward to the next one! 

Hugs and love to all xoxoxox



6 comments:

  1. What a terrific, fiber pow wow you had for such a great purpose. I can tell you have lovely weather there! Can you tell the sun to visit my city for a bit. We've been having wet, drizzly weather of late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually had a few days of absolute pouring rain too. But the sun is shining once again, lovely day today. :-) Its funny you ask me to send the sun to you, someone asked me the other day to send the rain their way as they are in drought.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely get-together you had, that looked like fun!! And for such a good cause. Love the crochet items you produced, they are really sweet, you all did great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice thing to do and fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing idea,
    ! Wonderful items made and a lovely way to spend the day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of wonderful things being made! I wish I could have a group to crochet with, this looks great

    ReplyDelete