Wednesday 10 September 2014

Knit Knit Knit Knit

Hello lovelies, 

Just popping by to let you know I have not fallen off the planet or anything so drastic. After arriving home from our big trip away and unpacking and trying to get back into the swing of everyday life, I managed to forget about updating the blog. But I have been knitting.. and knitting... and knitting some more. My fingers are sore :-) 




I have finished a few little things in the past couple of weeks and have a photo shoot planned for next week. So will hold out to FO share pictures until then. The little sneaky peaks here of the yellow yarn is a test knit for Whirlsie Designs. A Mini Taliesin which is ever so cute. I just want a baby to fill it up. Yes I do.  Well a grand baby would be nice anyway. 



I took delivery of a bunch of yarn last week and have been very very good and just admired it rather than cast on something new. The temptation has been killing me. Especially since those two at the front are my first hand dyed yarn deliveries and I am so looking forward to trying them out. The neutral yarns are intended for dyeing. I just need to get the courage to get started now. I have been wanting to try dyeing with natural plants for a long time but never quite got to it. I have some tansy flowers soaking and am keen to try it the old fashioned way. But of course feeling a little nervous at the same time lest I stuff it up. 



Well I did cast on with the cotton. The Lavender one there but that is yet another test knit. This one for MyMyMy knitting.  Almost finished. Sneaky peaks only......




And last for a bit of crochet..... this is the first pic of a pattern I have been working on myself..... I need to make it in a plain colour as you can't really see the pattern in the skirt. I had to put it aside to finish the test knits but hope to get it finished by next month. 



What have you been working on this week? I hope your crafty hands are keeping busy. 

Love and Light to you xoxoxox

1 comment:

  1. Hoorah for being fiber busy! Those are fun colors. That color work hat is wonderful. I like your pajama pants.

    ReplyDelete