Well I finished up the honeycomb cardi last night and I must say I was not impressed. I did not bother to even block it as I knew it would not make much difference overall. The pattern itself was easy enough for me to follow, I think though that beginners may have found it a little hard.
So what was the problem you ask? Well.......two small factors.....first the arms. The pattern called for picking up the stitches and knitting downwards. I have never had a pattern go this way before but thought "OK, not a bad idea" However, I picked up the exact amount of stitches it said between the exact measurements and it looks way to narrow for my liking. Generally a sleeve increases quite a bit on the way up. This one only decreased 3 times. Yeah I know I could have pulled it apart and redid it, but I was kind of over it already! sigh!
The other thing I was not too fussed on was the lack of button holes. I think buttons are a must on a baby cardi, but thats just my opinion. I don't think a 3 month old wears a cardi as a fashion statement, more for warmth! Hmmm
With that said, the pattern is really nice, the wool was lovely and maybe I will try it again at a later date making the arms a bit wider and yes adding some button holes too.
And now that this one is out of the way, its time for something new! Yay! (Or maybe I should finish the four frogged projects that are lingering.....hmmmm....nah! New sounds like a plan!)
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs and smoochies xoxoxo