Friday 9 September 2011

So......

I may have gone shopping........



but in my own defense, this.....



and this....



and even this......


came in the mail this week. And while I was totally out looking for wool for my one a day project, I could not help but sneak in a few more. And my mum gave me a few of those balls too, so of course I had to start another project. I chose one from the last book and have made a start today......


Not very exciting so far as the back is in stocking stitch but the front is going to be a bit more lacy so more interesting. Will update you later. I am calling it the honeycomb cardi and knitting it with some of the wool mum gave me. Holiday pure wool in 8ply. Its lovely and soft, so nice to knit with. :-) Thanks mum!



I have of course made a start on my granny squares but am finding that I really need more solid shades as I bought some variegated wool thinking it would look nice but the squares are too small for it to take effect so the colour variety is not enough right now. I will keep looking. I am hoping some of my friends might have some scraps they can pass on to me. The picture above is some of the wool I have been using. The brown and cream are Moda Vera Merino and the others are Sean Sheep pure wool.

That said, these baby books are soooooooo yummy! I have already been shopping about online for MORE wool! The last book calls for Cascade 220 superwash which I have never used but I am amazed at the amount of colours it comes in so of course am going to have to order some!



Oh and just in case you are interested and all, I also picked this book up at an opshop for 50c. Bargain much? It looks like it sat on someones shelf and was never used. The pages inside are perfect. I must endeavour to make at least something out of it. LOL I also have a lot of these types of books which seem to decorate my bookshelf rather than get used. One day I hope. Maybe when the kids are all grown.

Have a lovely crafty weekend all. Hugs and smoochies xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment