Tuesday 1 November 2011

Tuesday Tally No. 8



Hello my lovelies! 

I can't believe its Tuesday already! Well, actually I can, its been such a busy week and now instead of presenting you with my big Ta-dah, which was the plan, I am once again giving a little update as my "blanket" (insert cheeky smiley face)  and  myself did not really have much time for each other this week. 



Thank you so much for all the lovely comments last week. I honestly did not think that many of you thought I was making a blanket! I have to admit though that I can see why you did. My daughter was quite horrified with the fact that it is not a blanket after all as she also thought it was a lovely blanket but she is not so sure about one wearing it! Ewww mum! 

This project, much like my life this year has not always gone as planned. First, I could not get the wool I wanted, then the colours were not working the way I wanted. Of course when I got to the joining stage I realised this "blanket" was not as long as I thought it was going to be! This was the first thing that really irked me! I was hoping it would reach down below my knees and I probably should have made an extra row of squares. But then I realised that the picture in my book has in fact cut off the bottom of the models legs so I have made it right anyway.  I have to admit to wondering whether it would pull down once the rows at the bottom were added. It did not!!! Oh well. I made it myself and I shall wear it with pride! (or with a whole lot of love anyway! :-)) 



Have you guessed what it is yet? Im sure some of you are just thinking OMG she is NOT going to wear that is she? LOL   But as I have often been likened to a tree with my choice of clothing colours, I most certainly am! Its not a jacket, or a poncho, but it is an item of clothing! And if it turns out half decent, I might just make another one in a longer style with less colours! :-) 

Hopefully by next week I will have finished off all the edging and can take some pictures for you! For now, go on over to Gingerbread girls house and see what everyone else is up to!  

Have a wonderful craft filled week. Take care!

Hugs and smoochies xoxoxox

19 comments:

  1. Hi Karisma.. I love it! I know what it is, but I don't want to give the game away! Your daughter sounds just like mine.. honestly, they have no taste!! Can't wait to see it on :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karisma, I think I have it figured out as well, I won't say either. Just a hint, someone on One-a-day is making same thing in red maybe? You keep me chuckling with your posts. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it - and I love the small squares at the bottom - are they also grannies but mini?

    I remember the picture you showed when you were thinking about doing this project. I thought it was a cool idea (but didn't like the colors on the model's version). Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will it be a wrap for yourself then?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Stocki, I hope it looks ok on, I still think its a bit short!
    Kashi, its not a cape like the red one, but it is something to wear.
    Sayre, the bottom is just rows of the colours used in the granny squares with a row of the dark brown in between.
    Kepanie, I guess you could call it a wrap but that is not what the book called it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I know what it is too! It's awesome eitherway, I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the edge! That is one "blanket" to wear proudly! Can't wait for next week :) xx Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's going to look just amazing can't wait to see you in it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking toward to next week bet you will be finished... You work fast! Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am intrigued now. I was sure it was a cape. Have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, is it a skirt? Or am I way off??? I love it whatever it is. People should re-embrace wearing crochet, I'm going off to think about what clothing items I can produce for my daughters straight away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the rows at the bottom, they really finish it off. I'm very excited to see this finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that your daughter is horrified, my son things anything I like is awful!

    It is going to look lovely can't wait to see it modeled!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely edging....really looking forward to seeing you wearing this week! Enough pressure? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its not a skirt but it has me wanting to make a skirt too! I have just the one in mind as well. :-)

    LOL Faith, I am almost there! Oh I hope it looks ok. Little things are beginning to bother me about it now. haha, I am trying not to notice them though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I know too, and I think it's fab! Lovely colours too. And what do daughters know anyway? LOL, love Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your border, it is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm intrigued. Mine is also a wearable project, so I await yours with bated breath.

    ReplyDelete