Wednesday 26 October 2011

Tuesday Tally #7



This weeks One a Day update comes to you from our homeschool classroom where one mama sat, baffled by the workings of two young Male, so called...logical minds (which lately resemble the workings of a not so dormant volcano that may erupt at any moment without warning!) and tied up some loose ends.......all the time trying to stay centered and at peace with the ebb and flow of their firey moods.....



and while two boys first read some of these......



then worked on some of this......after designing coats of arms for their fictitious countries.....



and then explained to their mama how they were doing math with these......



Four digit addition and subtraction you know.....and please stop asking question while we are working it out in our heads, we will forget where we are up to! (Well why pray tell, don't you write it down on paper??????)


.................with the required 64 squares complete, this One a Day Project somehow moved on to a new stage.......



Where squares were crocheted together, without blocking first.......



and loose ends were all tied in........



And then something new began to happen........something different from before.........



And rows became the new One a Day requirement.........


And now I bet some of you are wondering what on earth this woman is up to! Those of you have been commenting on my "blanket"! I have to out myself and let you know that I am in fact NOT making a blanket. I would have told you straight away but the giggles were upon me, as you all reminded me of my man who tends to scroll through and look at the pictures on my other blog and assume many things that are not! LOL And as last weeks pictures still did not seem to give it a away, I just could not help myself. Its okay, I totally understand that when checking out a huge lists of projects, time is of the essense and coming across a chatterbox like myself is likely to have anyone scrolling through the pictures instead.

And just look at how long this post has become! Oh my! What are you still doing here? Go on over to Gingerbread Girls place and check out all the other updates! 

What? You don't think Im going to tell you what it is now do you?  I think I will string it along for another week. Oh I am awful! And anyway, those who scroll have already left by now and the rest of you totally know what I am making. hahahahaha!

Love and Light to all,
Hugs and smoochies xoxoxoxox

19 comments:

  1. I think I know what you are making, shall I guess?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually read your posts all the way through, but I am one of the goofs who commented on your 'blanket' a few weeks ago. I went back and saw what you are intending to make. Can't wait to see the finished project. In my defense, I have blanket brain right now, since I am making 3 and all. Take care. Love the squares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AK: Yes guess away!

    Kashi: Haha! I did not even remember who made the comments, there were a few over the past few weeks. Its been fun reading all of them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEeeek I hope I didnt say it was a blanket, I am in blanket mode. Of course now you mention it your 'blanket' does remind you a lot of this: http://paulineetmarie.canalblog.com/albums/_ma_tout__p_tite_boutique/index.html

    Is that close? Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that is AWESOME! I want it! LOL Yes it does look a bit like my blanket doesn't it? But I think its even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay...I'm not sure what you're up to...maybe it's just too late..

    But...I do know that it looks beautifulll! I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your squares look lovely, I suspect I may have called it a blanket so i am looking forward to seeing what it becomes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't everyone only ever crochet blankets? ;-) I don't get making something that is not a blanket, but gosh I may become even more crocheted obsessed if I discover new things. It it a bag? I was definitely one who commented on a blanket....so now you have me dumfounded.....a cape?

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL No its not a bag or a cape! But your getting warm. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just read back to the start of your project and I know what it is now! I'm not going to spoil it for anyone else reading but it's going to be fabulous :)

    I'm not sure whether I commented on it being a blanket or not but if I did, ooops and I cannot wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've also read back through your posts - and if it's what I think it is - it will be amazing. I can't wait to see the finished project! Nice colours too, what's the yarn? Is it Bendigo Woollen Mills? I've yet to use them, and would like to know what they're like to crochet/knit with. Cheerio.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The yarn is a mixture of all sorts. Some of it is from Bendigo Woollen Mills and the Apple colour is lovely to crochet with, the koala and elm are quite nice too although much softer. Some of the wool is shaun sheep which I picked up in big w for $2 a ball and I have used bits and pieces of the variegated colours. The dark brown and Cream are both from spotlight, soft merino. I am really loving the Bendigo wool and looking forward to knitting up a few more things. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've scrolled and scrolled and now I know.....however in my scrolling I yet again squirmed at the sand and yarn combo, I definitely need some therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear, sorry if I called it a blanket. My excuse is that I was a late starter so missed the first few weeks!! Can't wait to see is all assembled and finished.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh gosh, I think I thought it was a blanket. But I do love how you kept and put that big square in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The squares look wonderful together :) Great work, and the colours go lovely together.

    Don't think I have called it a blanket, as I remember from your early post what you are making.
    Can't wait to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG i do read your posts but I had no idea what you were making and I think I missed that post so sorry if I'm one of those people that presumed you were making a blanket (I bet I was hehe) What you are making however is awesome and I so want one. Can't wait to see it modeled. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Karisma! I love reading your posts every week! You always make me smile. I can´t wait to see you wearing your "blanket"! :)
    Have a wonderful week! Barbina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Did I say blanket? I see now what it is - can't wait to see your ta-dah moment! Judy x

    ReplyDelete