Sunday 10 March 2013

Sparkles......

Take a little vintage pattern and some bargain wool purchased for the grand old price of $1 for two balls from an Op-Shop and what do you get? 




Sparkles my friends, you get sparkles!!!! So named because this yarn has some sparkly bits through it that look so pretty when the sun hits them.  Not that you can really see it in the pictures here, you will just have to trust me on this one. ;-) 


The pattern is from Patons Royal Babies booklet which is full of lovely patterns for baby. I think I shall be making a few more from this publication. Very easy to follow patterns and very sweet. 



The yarn used is Craftworks Baby Yarn (with a sparkle of love) in 4ply, knitted on 3.25mm needles. I added the little leaf shaped heart buttons as they also have a bit of a sparkle to them and finish the little cardigan off nicely. 

I enjoyed knitting this one despite the repeated efforts of Miss Sibel the kitten to rip it off the needles. The yarn was nice to knit with, however the sparkle parts did tend to snag on the fine needles. It was also quite hard to pick up the stitches around the neck because of this. (There was not enough give in the yarn). The overall effect though is really nice. As you can probably tell, I did not block it before sewing. It would probably benefit from this process but well.........you know me by now. LOL Its going to get washed and spring back anyway. 

One of my girls has already claimed this one. She wants me to keep it for when she has a baby. We are getting quite the stash of "keepers" in this house and yet no grandchildren on the horizon as far as I can see. Hmmmmmmm.

Have a Beautiful week all. 

Love and Light xoxoxox




3 comments:

  1. Oh, it's gorgeous!!
    The sparkeling yarn is very pretty. Love the buttons too, so sweet and perfect for the cardigan :)

    Have a wonderful week, Karisma.
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It lovely :)
    Ive been knitting baby tops too!
    Just vests at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! What a lovely gift for a someday grand baby.

    ReplyDelete