Tuesday 6 December 2011

Trinity Tuesday!


I started another crochet project last week.  The Trinity Lace Shrug (details here)

I had initially thought to do it as a One a Day project as there first medallions to be made......BUT.... 



As I did nine in one sitting, I just kept on going and it was not until I reached the lace panel part that I realised as it wrapped way too far around me,  that I had in fact used the wrong thickness of yarn. Woops!  I took off two medallions and continued anyway.  It will be good practice, if nothing else. LOL (I stretched it a bit so you can see the pattern..) 



We will see how it looks after blocking. I am leaving it for a few days now, while I work on a couple of little projects, hopefully to give as xmas gifts. I have been very slack in this dept this year. Last year I made lots of little presents. This year I have just not had the time.  



Have a lovely day all! I am off to snuggle on the couch and cast on some knitting! 

Hugs and smoochies xoxoxoxxo

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Would love to have similar as a type of bunting for my kitchen shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so funny you say that Stel, years ago, my mother in law made lots of such things for our house and my husband really did not like it. LOL I stashed it all away and gave it to our oldest daughter who is a bit of a lace lover! I did however, have it hanging all around the house for a few years there. hehe! Men!!! I absolutely loved the lacework. Back then I did not really crochet, other than granny square blankets. :-) So happy now that I can make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, I need to check out that book. I met Annie Modesitt at the Interweave Knitting Lab. She is hilarious and such a great teacher to learn from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karisma... Wow that is very ambitious...I just looked at the pattern (thanks for the link) and it is going to be beautiful... will you finish it in time to wear it at Christmas? :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kepanie: Its a great book. I bought it just before last xmas and made several presents for people from it. The scarf is a great quick whip up and looks effective. I also used the cardigan pattern twice but turned it into a vest. Very easy to follow the patterns. Love it.

    Stocki: Not sure about that. I am currently trying to make a couple of xmas gifts so not sure how I will go for time. As this one is for me, I am not in a great hurry to finish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo, its going to be amazing once finished. I've finally caught up with your latest posts - and love, love the retro long granny square vest you made for your daughter. She must be very pleased with it. It's very trendy fashion wear now. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it seems very complicated to crochet, but it will look amazing, when you will be finished! My husband is not really a crochet lover too, but he has to live in a house full of crochet, my poor guy!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pattern is lovely. It will look so nice when it's finished :)

    ReplyDelete