Thursday 8 November 2012

Aphrodite Shawl

My youngest son has been doing a bit of photography for his artwork in the past week so I asked him to help me out with some pictures for my Aphrodite Shawl. Had to giggle when we were done as I think he was busy taking shots of mum instead of the shawl. 

There were quite a few on just my shoulder and when I pointed out that we wanted the shawl in the pictures he managed to chop of half my head in most pictures. Gotta love it! 




I was going to have my daughter re-do it but then I thought, oh, it doesn't matter and it would have meant waiting ages before showing you. So here we go. 

The Aphrodite Shawl.........(free pattern here)............


I used Patons Classic Totem in 8 ply, Colour 4320 (Dark Purple) and a 6mm hook.

I decided not to block the shawl after several people commented that it looked nice the way it was. (Blocking would change the bottom a bit). I plan to make a small tie at the front with some crystal beads as this is a present for someone and I wanted to add a personal touch.  (Will update with a picture of that if I get the chance later). 



Overall, this was a fun and easy project and I think I would like to make it again. 

I tried to do some sewing yesterday but a certain young lady kept trying to help. Needless to say I think a lot of my crafting is going to be a bit slow in the next month or so. Here she is taking a rest on the cushion my daughter made me for my birthday. Hmmmm. 



Hugs and smoochies all, hope you week is going well. 

xox


5 comments:

  1. Oh bless him for trying hard though, the shawl does look beautiful

    She is beautiful, I am glad my Jess has calmed down in trying to help me with things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are very nice, Karisma, your son did a great job photographing!
    It's a beautiful shawl. Lovely colour and pattern.
    (I have saved the pattern, don't know if I can manage to crochet it, but I would like to try).

    Love the photo of your kitty, she is absolutely adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy that lil' kitten is too cu-ute!
    I love that second shot of you in the shawl. It is beautiful and you are absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous shawl, stunning colour. wonderful pics.

    ReplyDelete