Sunday 18 November 2012

Pretty things...



While I was on a course a couple of weeks ago, I met a most lovely lady who when I admired her necklace, let me take a closer look.  While she told me a little bit about it, I got to play with it and admire it and tried to take a decent picture with my phone which of course just does not do it justice. 



The necklace was purchased for this lady by a friend from a market stall in Turkey. It was crocheted from very fine cotton with small crystal chips threaded throughout. Needless to say, I NEED one of these. I do! 


Oh how I wish I had taken my camera with me that day. I am however, most grateful that she allowed me take photos at all.  And I have added this project to my never ending list of "things to do".  May this lady be eternally blessed for her kindness. It is the little things in life like the kindness of a stranger that make my heart sing. 

Namaste 

xoxoxoxoxox 


4 comments:

  1. It is lovely!! Crochet, with fine thread seems to be quite a "thing" in Turkey - I watch quite a few Turkish Dramas on satellited TV and there are always ladies making fine crochet lace and attaching it to beautiful scarves.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely, I can see why you admired it :) It will be interesting to see if you do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I finally get time to do some blog reading and am knocked out by all the lovely things you have been making and the cutest kitten in the world. That necklace is gorgeous, I am sure you could make something similar gvien time and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! If you ever make one, pls post the pattern. I love the idea of EIY jewelry; things are so horribly and ridiculously expensive out there.

    ReplyDelete